Sunday 15 March 2015

FIRST ITS SCARLETINA NEWS
Tomorrow I am off to discuss details of my booksigning with the bookstore, very exciting, also have another store to visit this week.
I really want to do some readings for children, having been involved in theatre for years, I have a love of performing.
I am also planning of creating a video for YouTube, but need to get my hair coloured and cut before I do that :)
FEARS, TEARS AND PANIC OVERCOME IN HOBART, TASMANIA!
I enjoyed the coach ride to Hobart, smiling as familiar British names appeared along the way, Epping Forest was one that jumped out at me! This gave me a chuckle for I had walked in that forest many times in England. Eventually we arrived in Hobart, this beautiful capital city of Tasmania, nestling amongst the foothills of Mount Wellington.

                 Mount Wellington

I had expected a sleepy Cornish harbour and could not have been more wrong.Hobart is the second oldest capital city after Sydney, and was to become, in my heart, one of my most loved places.


          You cannot get fresher fish than here!           




It is a bustling place with a beautiful harbour where resident boats selling their luscious seafood and fish gently bob, oh I still so miss the oysters! There are designer shops, local produce shops, shopping precincts and a totally unique market with the breathtaking backdrop of Mount Wellington.

             View of the Harbour, Hobart
                 


                Open Air Market Hobart           
                
But back to my arrival, the hotel I had booked was within walking distance of the centre of Hobart, so I thankfully didn't have far to trundle with my suitcases before collapsing onto my bed with utter exhaustion.
Later as I started to unpack I was overwhelmed with feelings of isolation and vulnerability, I asked myself, why was I here? What had made me come to Tasmania?
I have to confess I cried myself to sleep that night, because for the first time I wasn't sure that my decision to sell up and take that leap of faith had been the right one.

Looking back (and thankfully I have a journal to refer to) I think that before landing in Tasmania it had all been a bit of a jaunt! Just like a holiday, but I realised that in Tasmania it stopped being a trip and became a reality, this was the place I believed my guides and angels had led me to, and I was questioning that belief! The more I questioned myself the more upset I got, until worn out I fell asleep.

When I awoke the following morning, I felt refreshed from a good nights sleep and decided to meditate with my crystals. I had two favourite crystals that I had taken with me, my Quartz and my Amethyst, so holding them in my hands I tried to meditate and connect with my guides and angels.
                  Crystal Quartz    

Sometimes there is that feeling of just not connecting, and I know from speaking to friends that I am not alone in experiencing this.

This feeling of disconnection seems to occur at times of change, stress and confusion. On these occasions I have to confess I have railed at my guides and angels and asked why aren't they there for me (yes, sadly I have behaved badly, almost like a petulant child!) Yet when I look back, I can see that it was necessary for me to have this time of apparent isolation.
I needed to work through something, to feel empowered because of going through that process.

I had to stand on my own two feet, to accept and be grateful that guidance, love and protection was always there but it was time to walk my own path. I had to learn to be bold enough to make decisions that could transform my life. I have to confess it is easier to write about taking such steps than doing it, especially when fear is grasping onto my hand!

                     

The day was filled with more reasons to feel stressed. I wasn't having any luck trying to find a rental property, and running around like a headless chicken wasn't helping me. I frantically contacted estate agents, and scoured the newspapers. Eventually one agent gave me an address to go to, so armed with a map I set off to find this somewhat expensive apartment.

Panic began to set in when I couldn't find the property, the map wasn't reflecting where I was! It was a really hot day, and I was walking up a very long and quite steep incline, tears were making it difficult to see. I knew I had to find somewhere to sit down and take stock of where I was and what I was doing. I thought 'oh for a park' and once again help was there for me, in front of me was a large triangle of grass with some trees and heaven a bench!
                 

I quietened my scattered energies and concentrated on my breathing, I asked for help from my guides and angels, could they make my path really clear, I was tired, my nerves felt like shredded cabbage, so they had to give me clear signs PLEASE!

Once I felt calmer I set off and decided to ask for directions from a bookshop on the other side of the road. I showed the assistant my map, only to be told I had been walking in the opposite direction to what I should have been doing!
After explaining my situation she asked if I had thought about sharing, which I hadn't, but her suggestion seemed a good one. She then gave me the name of a natural food shop that kept a book of rental sharings and it was on the way back to my hotel. I found the shop without any problems but after scanning through the book didn't find anything suitable, so decided I to go back to my hotel and have a long hot bath.
                    Shops in Hobart    


Walking back I suddenly had a thought about having a manicure, this almost made me laugh out loud, I had only ever had one manicure in my life, so why would I think about having one now, exhausted, hot and bothered as I was? Seconds later I saw a board advertising a nail bar, coincidence I wondered? No my gut instinct told me, I had to go and check this out.
The manicurist told me she was busy but could fit me in an hour later, my heart sunk, another wrong turning, I thanked her but said that I couldn't as I needed to find a place to rent.

     (This picture isn't the house,but one similar)


Well folks it turned out that the manicurist, Mary, had just started renting out rooms in her house, she suggested I return in an hour and she would drive me to her home and show me the room she had vacant.
I can tell you I sent up so many words of gratitude to my helpers and apologies too, but I had listened to my instincts, and spotted the 'signs' so it was also positive.
Mary's house was in a very quiet street just outside of Hobart, and was beautiful, full of antiques and had a lovely energy, my room was huge, double bed, sofa and a desk, it was perfect and very reasonable. Mary invited me to stay for dinner, I began to get to know her whilst savouring the lovely meal and sipping a glass of wine.
                 


Mary drove me back to my hotel and gave me a key so that I could let myself in the following day. As I lay in bed that night I once again wondered at how life can change so quickly, from a panic stricken, doubting fearful morning, here I was hours later with a perfect place to stay, close to Hobart, with a gorgeous garden to sit in and all to myself during the day, Mary worked 6 days a week and the other occupants were Japanese students who were at college all week. With a deep sigh of contentment I easily slipped into the darkness of sleep.


That is where I am going to leave it for this week, thank you for visiting, please leave any feedback or comments.



SCARLETINA NEWS




Tomorrow I am off to discuss details of my booksigning with the bookstore, very exciting, also have another store to visit this week.
I really want to do some readings for children, having been involved in theatre for years, I have a love of performing.
I am also planning of creating a video for YouTube, but need to get my hair coloured and cut before I do that :)

Follow me on

Twitter            Bess Drew Sherret@FaeryWisdom
Facebook           Bess Drew Sherret or
Scarletina's       Scarletina's Quest for Fairy Wings
Web Site           http://bessdrewsherret.ca

Book Publisher:    www.friesenpress.com/bookstore    

  

No comments:

Post a Comment