Wednesday 25 March 2015




AT LAST A PLACE TO REST MY HEAD, DUMP MY SUITCASES AND RELAX!

SCARLETINA NEWS!
I was thrilled to see on my Friesen Press site that I had sold my first ebook! Even more so when I saw it was purchased from Google Play Store
It seems my efforts writing this blog and posting on my Google page have paid off! Thank you!

                    I have now been given a unique URL from Google which is:
           google.com/+BessDrewSherret.


I thought a map of Tasmania would be helpful.



I had really enjoyed my train journey from Perth via Adelaide to Melbourne, and it had been exciting and fun taking the ferry across to Tasmania and the coach journey to Hobart had been very interesting.

I had experienced a bit of a wobble whilst looking for accommodation, but it had worked out wonderfully in the end, and now I had my own room in a beautiful house. I quickly unpacked and thankfully put the much lighter suitcases on top of the wardrobe and began to relax!
With my previous doubts forgotten and in my new abode I felt very blessed. I placed the much loved photo of my mum and dad on the chest of drawers and laid out my crystals, and my room became my home.
Last of all I placed my well worn copy of The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, this book had been inspirational for me and each time I read it, I could learn and see different aspects of the wisdom written in it.

Mary said it was entirely up to me whether I had my meals prepared by her or cooked for myself, I chose to do my own cooking as I wanted to use this opportunity to try out some of the new foods and spices I would find in Australia, and I absolutely love cooking!      

The Musk Lorikeet



In the house, besides me, there were two Japanese students who were attending the local college to improve their English and soon another Swiss student would be arriving.
Mary explained that once a month one of the students cooked a dish from their own country for everyone, would I be interested in joining in? I gladly accepted as I felt it would be fun to share our countries dishes with one another.

           The Tasmanian Tree Fern


During the week the girls were out of the house quite early, often before I even awoke, and Mary worked on a Saturday as well, so I had the house to myself all day, which was fantastic.
I could get up and take a leisurely shower or bath, sit out in the garden and eat my breakfast and then decide what I was going to do.                

It took me a little while to believe I was living in Tasmania! The weather, plants, accents and different bird song helped,  but it was also having the luxury of having time for myself.
I still shook my head in disbelief at the journey I was on, what an adventure life was turning out to be. Each day I awoke with a sense of excitement, well most days, I would be lying if I didn't say there were times when I felt a bit out on a limb but honestly those moments were few and far between.

I had married at 20 and by the time we amicably separated I had been in that relationship for 30 years.
We never had children, so I had worked full time most of my life and now being able to decide how to spend my days, choose what time I got up and what I was going to do was such a new and liberating emotion, that even to this day, it is very easy to recall.

I loved Hobart, and spent many an hour sitting in a cafe watching the world go by, chatting to people, reading a book. I especially loved sitting by the harbour, and could never resist taking home a dozen delicious oysters, though I confess I was slightly hesitant the first time I tried them!



Mary was a wonderful lady, very easy going and went out of her way to make us all feel at home. She often had social evenings for her friends and always invited us to join in, there never seemed to be a dull moment.

The two Japanese girls asked if I could assist them with their English homework, I pointed out that having left school many years ago, at 14, my help might be somewhat limited!
However they began to rely on me for my help, so most nights we would go over their work together. Their teacher told Mary that she was very grateful for my assistance, so I can't have been that bad!
I really enjoyed our times and I was happy to meet some of their friends and I was touched when one of them gave this to me before she returned to Japan.



I was thrilled when Mary, who had two cars, offered me the use of the second one and said she would get the insurance changed! Her generosity would allow me to follow my intention of volunteering.

I went to Volunteer Tasmania and was given four places to choose from, I decided on Horse-Riding for the Disabled and a Nursing home. I then decided to enrol at a local swimming pool for aqua aerobics, life was looking very different and promising.

That is all for this week folks, thank you for visiting.
Blessings
Bess

Follow me on

Twitter            Bess Drew Sherret@FaeryWisdom
Facebook           Bess Drew Sherret or
Scarletina's       Scarletina's Quest for Fairy Wings
Web Site           http://bessdrewsherret.ca

Book Publisher:    www.friesenpress.com/bookstore    

No comments:

Post a Comment