Monday 2 February 2015

Woke up to snow this morning!! Looked out the window and saw the big prints of a rabbit and magpies feasting on the bread I put out for them yesterday, lovely start to the day. Not sure if we'll be hearing from Scarletina today, so thought I would use this time to have a more personal chat with you all.

Scarletina was saying yesterday how she loves it that we can talk, that I believe in the Devic world, and I do! For me just because I can't see something, doesn't mean to say it doesn't exist, it might be that I am not skilled, perceptive or clever.

I can't see love but I know it is there, I can't see joy but I know when I feel it, so I try to remain open, like a child, to the many unexplained mysteries around me.

I have decided I am going to use this blog, not just to have it as a 'platform' for Scarletina and I to talk about our boo and fairy life, but to tell you something about me too, and believe me there is a lot to tell:)

So what made me write a children's story about a fairy. I have been drawn to writing but never really got around to it till I divorced and started on my travels (more about that later). I am not a great t.v. person, so wanted something to do in the evenings. 

I bought myself a laptop and began writing. My first novel was entitled An Ordinary Woman, all about my adventures and travels. 
That was just put in a drawer. 
My next book, which is edited, but as yet unpublished, is a novel called Divine Inspiration with Chocolate. I am intending to get that into print, but have to wait whilst I promote Scarletina's Quest for Fairy Wings, and write the second and third part of the trilogy.

Anyway, whilst I was living in New Zealand, I met a young six year old, who believed I had a fairy living in a velvet bag that I carried around me with. Her name was Scarlet, so when I decided to write something for her, I came up with Scarletina. Unfortunately she is now in her teens, yes it has taken quite a while for me to actually get down to the writing of it and then the process of publishing!

That was how my story began for Scarletina, will continue this in my next post, which is planned for this Wednesday,

Thanks for dropping in xoxoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment