Wednesday 18 February 2015

The continuing journey of an author....

I had come to the end of my time in Ireland and felt it was time to move on. Ireland had been a safe refuge for me to experience life on my own. Having been with someone for 33 years, there was obviously some readjustments needed! Ireland was close enough from the U.K to encourage friends to come over and visit me, which they did and I loved taking them around this beautiful island and sharing some magical fun times with them.
  
Whilst there I became used to making my own choices, from what to eat, where to go, what to do, who to talk to etc. Living in a country that spoke my language was a great choice, it made these personal challenges a lot easier.  

One of my biggest tests was learning to read a map, oh you may laugh, but I have NO sense of direction, apart from my innate one, which would say 'go that way' and 50% of the time it was right! It took perseverance,and the ability to laugh at my own ineptitude, but I succeeded in mastering the technique of map reading which gave me the confidence to drive anywhere.

Another huge step was plucking up the courage to go into an unfamiliar pub and order a drink and something to eat. When I first did this I always took a book (no such thing as an iPad then) as this gave off a do not disturb attitude (or so I thought). Eventually I became comfortable enough to go bookless :)


What did work in my favour was that I have a friendly disposition which, I am told, shows in my face.All the time I was travelling, I never once felt threatened or uncomfortable, people always seemed to want to help and assist me.
Once I have related my journey I will return to the places I visited and tell you some of my more amusing, interesting and adventurous experiences!  

So next Australia! Why Australia? I meditated on a daily basis, that is the way I connect with my guides and angels, I suppose not everyone can relate to that, but I know that I wouldn't be where I am today, if I hadn't been able to work with them in this way. It isn't about just listening, its about learning to tell the difference between your own desires and wishes and those words given to you, not an easy task, and I made mistakes.

Australia was a daunting prospect, so I asked for confirmation from my guides that this was the place for me to go. Out of the blue a friend contacted me from the U.K saying that she had a feeling that Australia was going to be important to me... then Australia kept cropping up on the tv, magazines, books. You might say, well you were looking for them, but that is what, for me, it is all about. There are many ways for us to listen to guidance, again its the sifting of the chaff from the wheat that takes time and patience and effort!

So I began to think about what I would do in Australia, I always have to have purpose in my life, so decided that I would use the time to volunteer, what and where would come later. That night I decided to go online to try and get some idea about this country I was thinking about going to. Adelaide came into my mind, so I went onto their tourism site, at the bottom of the page in tiny writing it said 'come and visit Tasmania' though I read it as TANZANIA!! I can tell you I was pretty relieved when I realised my mistake :)

I clicked on the link at in huge letters my screen read THE YEAR OF THE VOLUNTEER 2001 TASMANIA, the final confirmation that I needed, I was off to Tasmania!

After the decision was made, excitement began to build as I went through the preparations for my departure. My family and friends were shocked to hear of my decision, questioned it, but once again I just knew that my choice to visit this distant shore was the right one. I returned to England and spent time with my family and friends whilst I applied for a visitors visa, researched Tasmania and planned my trip. Someone once said when you think of doing something and your heart sings, then do it, the thought of my next journey made my heart sing an opera, non stop :)

I hope you enjoyed this latest blog, thank you for visiting.

Don't forget if you are looking for a children's book offering lessons in accepting consequences for our actions in a way that children will easily relate to, respect for Mother Earth and her inhabitants, unique insights into woodland life, and entering into the magical fairy world of an endearing fairy called Scarletina then go to...

www.friesenpress.com/bookstore to order a copy of Scarletina's Quest for Fairy Wings, The Earth Circle.

scarletina.quest@gmail.com for signed copies (Paypal)

Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Chapters.

Follow Scarletina on Facebook Scarletina's Quest for Fairy Wings

No comments:

Post a Comment